Another Way to Share your Story
Warrior Songs Retreats provide a safe and supportive healing space where veterans are able to deepen their connection with themselves, each other and those who love and support them. Retreats offer a wonderful opportunity to reclaim life with joy and hope.
During the 4-day retreats the stages of departure, service, and transitioning home are explored in depth. Storytelling and various types of art are used to understand, express and integrate the war experience. Art becomes testimony to the pain of war as well as to joy of the healing process. Each veteran creates a plan for moving forward toward continued healing using new tools and skills offered during the retreat.
On the last evening of the retreat veterans have the opportunity to share their stories in art form to a gathered community. This allows participants to speak their truth and for civilians to provide a sincere and moving welcome home.
Guided by experienced facilitators (some of whom are veterans), the retreats host up to 16 veterans. They offer a good balance of time for introspection, expression, reflection and creativity. Warrior Songs retreats are free of charge and all inclusive for veterans.
Retreats are funded by donations from generous individuals, organizations and communities that truly care about the healing of our nation’s veterans. Please consider becoming an important partner in this work by making a donation today. Thank you.
Our Guiding Principles
- To establish a safe community of trust. (Guidelines here)
- To accept each individual experience and perspective
- To provide adequate down time during the retreat to rest and integrate
- To provide top quality care and facilitation
If you seek to reconnect with the Source of who you are, eliminate blocks to authenticity; and invite transformation, this will be the workshop for you. No art experience necessary.
Recent Retreat Reports
- Scottsdale, AZ - November 2019 (PDF)
- Racine, WI - November 2017 (PDF)
- Spokane, WA - November 2013 (PDF)
- Wallingford, PA - June 2013 (PDF)
Women MST - Scottsdale, AZ March 22nd - 26th, 2023
- Open to all Women Veterans MST Survivors
- Registration opening September 2022